Rockstar Games announced plans for an ongoing series of downloadable content for Red Dead Redemption, the open world game. Four packs of add-on downloadable content will be released for the PlayStation Network for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox LIVE online entertainment network over the next few months, starting with the Legends and Killers PackatPack at the beginning of August 2010, and culminating with the Red Dead Redemption ‘Undead Nightmare’ Pack this fall. The packs follow the recent release of the free Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack, which is currently available on PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE.
The upcoming downloadable content for Red Dead Redemption includes:
Legends and Killers Pack New active map locations, characters and more:
New active map locations, characters and more:
• Release date: beginning of August 2010;
• 9 new multiplayer map locations — more than doubling the amount of territories in the multiplayer competitive modes;
• 8 new multiplayer characters — play as characters from Red Dead Revolver;
• Introducing a new projectile weapon: the Tomahawk, with corresponding challenges for single-player and multiplayer gameplay;
• New achievements and trophies;
• Pricing: $9.99 (PlayStation Network), 800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE).