Jon Gosselin swiftly denied the accusations brought by his ex-in-laws, Kevin and Jodie Kreider, that his children were subject to unsafe conditions during the filming of the now-defunct series, Jon & Kate Plus 8, RadarOnline.com has learned.
“The allegations made today by Kevin and Jodi Kreider have not been my experience at all during the production of “Jon & Kate plus8,” Jon Gosselin Tweeted Wednesday afternoon. “Kate and I were doing what was best for our family. And it gave us an opportunity to spend quality family time together.”
As RadarOnline.com previously reported, the Kreiders made the shocking statements during their testimony before state lawmakers in Philadelphia on Wednesday; they told the court that the Gosselin kids were stripped of their privacy, emotionally manipulated and had their safety compromised for the sake of reality TV ratings.
One eye-popping anecdote the Kreiders claimed was that “the children were told it was Christmas Eve and Christmas morning when it wasn’t, so that the camera crew would capture genuine reactions. They were only told the truth after the filming ended. They were told they did it for the show. The children stated directly to us that they felt very confused and were upset over this event.”
Meanwhile, RadarOnline.com has learned that the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry will not file any charges against producers of Jon & Kate Plus 8 who had been investigated for possibly violating state child labor laws by their repeated filming of the Gosselin children during the course of the TLC series.
State officials made the decision known in a letter issued in March, but only released on Wednesday. The letter states that producers must obtain child-permits if they wish to film the Gosselin kids anytime in the future. They must also set aside a portion of the proceeds in a trust fund for the children.