Your tip

Homeless Man Stabs 9-Year-Old Boy & Woman In Downtown LA Target, Security Officer Fatally Shoots Assailant

untitled design
Source: mega

Nov. 16 2022, Published 3:00 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

A security officer fatally shot a homeless man who stabbed two people at a Target in Downtown Los Angeles, has learned.

The incident occurred at 7th and Figueroa in the FIGat7th shopping mall on Tuesday evening.

Article continues below advertisement
copy of untitled
Source: mega

This outlet can report that at 6:20 PM on November 15, a 40-year-old man entered Target, grabbed a knife from the kitchen section, and approached a 9-year-old boy. According to police, the assailant told the child that he was going to stab and kill him.

The child attempted to flee down an aisle, out of harm's way — but unfortunately was wounded when the attacker stabbed him in the back across his right shoulder blade.

LA Police Chief Michel Moore said that child was at the store with his mother, however, she was not with him when the suspect attacked him.

Fellow Target shoppers, who saw the horrific event unfold, rushed to the child's aid while the stabber continued his rampage down a busy aisle.

Article continues below advertisement
copy of untitled
Source: mega
Los Angeles

Police claim that after he stabbed his first victim, the suspect proceeded down a nearby aisle where a group of women was gathered. He then stabbed his second victim, a 25-year-old woman, in the chest. Target shoppers acted quickly, taking the woman to safety in the store's Pharmacy area.

As other shoppers tended to the stabbing victims, the attacker headed towards the front of the store — possibly attempting to flee the crime scene.

Article continues below advertisement
copy of untitled
Source: mega

At the front of the store, the man was confronted by an armed security officer.

The officer opened fire on the suspect, shooting him at least once in the stomach. The attacker was taken to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Authorities believe the tragic event was an isolated and random attack. The victims were not related.

Shortly after the scene unfolded at the FIGat7th Target, Los Angeles PD tweeted to followers, "There is no active threat to the general public at this time."

The victims were also taken to a nearby hospital. According to police, the woman was in "critical but guarded" condition as of Wednesday morning. The boy remains in stable condition.



Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 Radar Media Group LLC. RADAR and RADARONLINE are registered trademarks. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.