California Man, 68, Who Fostered Over 90 Children Faces More Than 10 Assault Charges Involving Minors — as Police Fear There Are More Victims

A California foster parent was arrested for allegedly abusing kids he was supposed to be taking care of.
Aug. 21 2026, Published 2:45 p.m. ET
A California man who fostered over 90 children over more than two decades has been arrested on allegations of sexually abusing children, RadarOnline.com can report.
Edward Sepulveda faces over 10 counts of various sexual assault charges against the minor victims.
An Arrest a Year in the Making

Edward Sepulveda faces over 10 counts of sexual assault against minors.
Sepulveda is a longtime resident of Southern California's Moreno Valley, about 60 miles east of Los Angeles.
According to a police statement, authorities had been building a case against the 68-year-old for nearly a year.
"On September 24, 2025, detectives assigned to the Riverside Police Department’s Sexual Assault/Child Abuse (SACA) Unit began investigating a report of historical sexual abuse involving a child victim," Officials said in a statement. "During the course of the investigation, officers were able to identify three additional victims."
The Alleged Abuse Happened 24 Years Ago

He was booked into the Robert Presley Detention Center on multiple felony sexual abuse charges.
Sepulveda was said to have married when the abuse occurred, and authorities interviewed his wife as part of the investigation. They have not revealed whether she is seen as a person of interest or was involved in the abuse.
The statement continues, "The incidents of sexual abuse occurred approximately 24 years ago when the victims were children living at a residence in the 600 block of Highlander Dr in Riverside, as well as various locations in the City of Moreno Valley.
"On July 17, 2026, Edward Sepulveda was arrested and booked into the Robert Presley Detention Center on multiple felony sexual abuse charges. He remains in custody, and bail was set at one million dollars."
Detectives believe there may be additional victims or people with information related to this investigation and are asking anyone to come forward. Sepulveda's next court date is scheduled for Dec. 9 at the Riverside Hall of Justice in Riverside, California.
Police Are Asking Any Other Victims to Come Forward

Police are worried there may be more victims yet to step forward.
The victims were reportedly "on the younger side," according to one insider, with some under the age of 10.
"It’s an unfortunate situation because you have these foster kids that are really seeking help, guidance, support from who is potentially their foster parent," said Riverside Police Detective Steven Espinosa. "Unfortunately, Mr. Sepulveda took advantage of that."
Espinosa thanked and praised the initial victim, who is now an adult, for summoning the courage to come forward with the allegations.
“It takes some time for some of these victims to come forward and grab the strength to do so, and so we’re glad that she did," he added.
A Sadly Similar Situation


Foster parents David and Louise Turpin abused 13 siblings in 2018.
Many people who came across the statement on social media said it instantly reminded them of a sadly similar incident in 2018, when 13 siblings were found tortured and abused in what has been described as a "house of horrors."
The Turpin children were reportedly chained up and beaten until Jordan Turpin was able to escape and call 911, leading to their miraculous rescue.
Foster parents David and Louise Turpin were sentenced to 25 years to life in prison after pleading guilty to 14 felony counts in February 2019 – including torture, false imprisonment, and child cruelty against their 13 children after keeping them locked within their Perris, California, home from 1988-2018.



