In an exclusive interview with RadarOnline.com, Octo-Mom Nadya Suleman says she is “relieved” that she will not be facing an investigation by Child Protective Services.
“I’m relieved that CPS won’t be investigating or interfering in my life,” Suleman told RadarOnline.com exclusively. “I don’t have anything to hide and I appreciate their concern, but I simply don’t understand why it was ever considered necessary.”
On Wednesday, a California appeals court ruled to halt the investigation that was ordered by an Orange County Superior Court probate judge.
The appeals court also ruled earlier this month that Suleman would not have to have a court-appointed guardian to oversee her children’s finances.
Paul Petersen, an advocate for the fair treatment of children in show business, had filed a petition requesting the appointment of an independent guardian. Nadya then filed a motion challenging his right to file the petition.
“I don’t know Petersen and I don’t know his family,” Suleman told RadarOnline.com. “I am already providing for my family to the best of my abilities.
“Presently, this statute allows anyone from off the street to interfere with how a family raises its children. I never want what’s happened to me to happen to another family. For now, at least, it seems as if the appellate court agrees with us.”
On Thursday, Petersen’s attorney, Gloria Allred, released the following statement: “Our goal in filing this petition on behalf of Paul Petersen has been and continues to be to protect Nadya Suleman’s octuplets. The Court of Appeals has now issued a temporary stay of the investigation until this matter is decided by them. The Appellate Court has invited us to reply and we will soon be filing our brief and argument on this issue with them. My co-counsel, John Deily, and I will continue to do everything possible to assure that the interests of the octuplets are protected, because these babies are unable to protect themselves.”