1. Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart — New York had never seen anything like it. When Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart appeared on Broadway this year they were forever taking photos of themselves out and about town. Stewart told Yahoo Movies U.K.their friendship is rooted in “both our difference and our similarities.”
2. Jennifer Aniston & Chelsea Handler — Once upon a time Jennifer Aniston and her ‘Friends’ co-star Courteney Cox were like Siamese Twins – always together. Lately Aniston’s new BFF is raunchy comedian Chelsea Handler. In a recent interview the talk show host admitted that she sees the actress “a lot.”
3. Cameron Diaz & Drew Barrymore — “We have a baby girl,” gushed Cameron Diaz on ‘The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.’ No, she didn’t secretly get pregnant and give birth. The actress was talking about her best friend Drew Barrymore’s second daughter Frankie.
4. Michael Fassbender & James McAvoy — In a recent interview with Details magazine, James McAvoy said of his ‘X-Men’ co-star Michael Fassbender: “It’s not a contrivance at all. I love the guy.” Clearly theirs is a bromance made in heaven.
5. Leonardo DiCaprio & Tobey McGuire — Their friendship began long before the term “bromance” existed. Leonardo DiCaprio & Tobey McGuire bonded when they were child actors coming up in Hollywood. They are both pushing 40 and their friendship is still going strong.
6. Ben Affleck & Matt Damon — How many childhood friends go on to win Oscars for a movie they co-wrote and remain buddies even after they’ve achieved Hollywood success? Ben Affleck and Matt Damon have taken their bond all the way from Boston to Tinseltown.
7. Salma Hayek & Penelope Cruz — “She’s one of my best friends,” Penelope Cruz said of Salma Hayek in a 2014 interview with ‘Allure’ magazine. The actress also confessed that they nicknamed each other “huevos” (the Spanish word for eggs) and they have slept in the same bed “so many times.”
8. Beyoncé & Gwyneth Paltrow — She is always facing a backlash over the controversial comments she makes but at least one person still likes Gwyneth Paltrow – her friend Beyoncé. The ‘Drunk In Love’ singer said in a 2013 interview with E! News: “She’s [Paltrow] a great friend on every level.”
9. Amy Poehler & Tina Fey — They met in a 1993 improv class in Chicago and 21 years later Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are still working and hanging out together. Poehler once said: “I remember Tina Fey wrote a play about Catherine the Great f**king a horse and I thought: ‘That lady is hot stuff. I wanna know her’.”
10. Kristin Wiig & Maya Rudolph — Two more former Saturday Night Live costars who can’t resist working and playing together are Kristin Wiig and Maya Rudolph. In an interview with TeenHollywood.com, Rudolph said: “[I] think she’s a person who I like laughing with… For the most part, you know you’re going to have a good time with that person.”
11. Jimmy Fallon & Justin Timberlake — When ‘Time’ magazine named Jimmy Fallon one of their 100 most influential people in the world, Justin Timberlake stepped up to the plate to write an essay paying tribute to his friend. The singer revealed that he didn’t even mind when ‘The Tonight Show’ host interrupted his speech at his wedding to Jessica Biel, turning it into 10-minute improve session between the two men “that everyone there will remember forever.”
12. Kate Moss & Naomi Campbell — In January 2014 Naomi Campbell penned a tribute to Kate Moss to celebrate her friend’s 40th birthday. The supermodel said in the piece that ran in London’s Evening Standard newspaper: “She’s like my little sister, and 40 or not she’s still my little sister.”
13. Nicole Kidman & Naomi Watts — There have been rumors that their long friendship is under strain. But in the past Nicole Kidman has said of pal Naomi Watts: “Naomi Watts and I are very, very good friends and have maintained that through so many things. I think that’s really rare, particularly for actresses, and I take a lot of pride in that.”
14. George Clooney & Brad Pitt — George Clooney has been very vocal about his friendship with Brad Pitt over the years. In 2012 he told ‘The Hollywood Reporter’: “We’re good friends but it’s different from what people think, meaning we don’t spend a lot of time together. He has been to my home in Como; we motorcycle together. But until recently, I hadn’t seen Brad in a year.”
15. Jay Z & Kanye West — He and his wife Beyoncé were a no-show at Kimye’s wedding but in a 2013 radio interview Kanye West insisted: “Me and Jay Z are brothers.” Frequent collaborators, their friendship has had turbulent times as West says in his Jay Z tribute Big Brother: “Sibling rivalry, only I could see, it was the pride in me that was drivin’ me.”
16. Miley Cyrus & Kelly Osbourne — In a 2014 interview with ‘HuffPost Live’ Kelly Osbourne opened up about her “dear friend” Miley Cyrus, saying: “I’m proud of her because whether you agree with what she does or not, she stands by her guns and she’s not fake.”
17. Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland — What’s it like being Beyoncé’s best friend? Ask Kelly Rowland who told OMG! Insider: “I love my sister, and she is so incredibly supportive – one of the closest people to me – and I love being an aunt [to Blue Ivy].”
18. Michelle Williams & Busy Phillips — Just in case you had any questions about the nature of Busy Phillips’ relationship with her bestie Michelle Williams, the actress told ‘The Advocate’ in 2013: “I love her as deeply as I love almost anyone. But we don’t do it.”
19. Eva Longoria & Mario Lopez — Mario Lopez and Eva Longoria are such good friends that the TV presenter asked the actress to be his daughter’s godmother.
20. Stephen Fry & Hugh Laurie — What would Hugh Laurie call someone who has been his best friend since they met at university in the 1970s, was the best man at his wedding, is godfather to all three of his children and is his frequent collaborator? The answer is Stephen Fry.
21. Zach Braff & Donald Faison — In 2008 Donald Faison spoke candidly to ‘People’ about this friendship with former ‘Scrubs’ co-star Zach Braff. He said: “Zach and I are both very lucky. I think our bromance is probably one of the strongest in Hollywood.”
22. Ben Stiller & Owen Wilson — Ben Stiller once said of Owen Wilson, his frequent co-star and friend: “We just enjoy each other’s company and have fun working together and I think as long as people allow us to work together, it’ll just keep on going.”
23. Demi Lovato & Selena Gomez — They’ve been pals since they co-starred on ‘Barney and Friends’ and in an recent interview on ‘Extra’ Demi Lovato said of Selena Gomez: “Selena and I have such an amazing friendship…and I love her to death.”
24. Rihanna & Cara Delevingne — Apparently when Cara Delevingne met Rihanna for the first time in 2012 she went up to the Caribbean singer and “slapped her on the bum.” They’ve been friends ever since, vacationing in Barbados and appearing courtside at basketball games together.
Buddy movies are not just for the big screen. These celebrities genuinely like each other even when the cameras aren’t rolling.