1. In 2012, Deen was named the #4 top-earning chef in the world, with an income of $17 million.
2. At the Primacy Industries factory in Mangalore, India, which has produced Paula Deen candles, an average worker earns 0.0004% of that figure, or roughly $75 per month.
3. Deen lives in a multi-million-dollar mansion in Savannah.
4. Many workers for Primacy live in the run-down Angaragundi district near the factory.
5. Deen has a personal driver, Hollis Johnson.
6. One employee of Smithfield's plants in Denison, Iowa, where pork products endorsed by Paula Deen were once made, was proud that his work at the company enabled him to buy an expensive GMC extended cab truck. But of course, it didn't come with a chauffeur.
7. Deen frequently visits luxurious food and wine festivals.
8. Until March 2007, Smithfield workers at a North Carolina plant reportedly did not have regular access to clean drinking water, or hot running water for hand washing.
9. Deen travels the world to make paid appearances for fans.
10. An employee at Primacy Industries in India says he was forced to move nearly 10 hours from his home town to the candle factory to find work.
11. Deen is known for popularizing "fireplace cooking."
12. Earlier this year, an out-of-control fire raged through Primacy Industries. A later report blamed it on lax safety standards.
13. A crying Deen said she had to "hold my friends in my arms while they've sobbed" because people called her a racist.
14. In November 2003, 25-year-old Glen Birdsong was killed at the Tar Heel, N.C., Smithfield factory when he was overcome by toxic fumes. His supervisors had not warned him of their danger, OSHA later found.
15. Deen has said she would consider plastic surgery to remove excess skin she acquired as a result of losing weight.
16. Smithfield employees reportedly often bear the scars of accidental stabbings and multiple surgeries to treat chronic carpal tunnel system from making the same motion repeatedly on the line.
17. Last year, Deen admitted she had developed Type 2 diabetes, likely as a result of eating rich foods.
18. Workers at the Smithfield plant, on the other hand probably lose their appetites when confronted with the mix of blood, urine, and feces that is reportedly present throughout the factory at Tar Heel, and often splashes onto their hands and faces
19. Deen was fired from several of her spokesperson gigs earlier this year amid reports that she had used the "N" word and made several other racist comments.
20. Many employees at Primacy Industries were forced to find new work when the factory burnt down in January, reportedly because of lax safety standards.