Harrison Ford suffered a broken leg, not a broken ankle as the Star Wars studio previously said, according to a statement from his publicist, Ina Treciokas.
“Harrison Ford’s left leg was broken in an accident,” the spokeswoman said in a statement to CNN.
PHOTOS: Look Out! Harrison Ford Is Not Alone — 24 Scary Hollywood Set Injuries
She didn’t say how long the 71-year-old actor would be sidelined, but said he is excited to get back to reprising his role as Han Solo for the upcoming Star Wars reboot.
“His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly,” Treciokas said. “He’s doing well and looks forward to returning to work.”
PHOTOS: The Force Is Strong With ‘Star Wars’ Director J.J. Abrams’ $14.5 Mil Home In Pacific Palisades
Ford broke his leg while filming Star Wars: Episode VII at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire, England.
Episode VII is slated for a December 18, 2015 release.