Search

got a tip? call (866) 667 - 2327 OR

E-mail us a tip

Beyonce, Jay Z & Solange Break Silence On Explosive Elevator Attack: ‘We Have Moved Forward As A United Family’

Getty Images
Getty Images

What elevator attack?

Four days after surveillance footage of Solange Knowles attacking Beyonce‘s husband, Jay Z, in an elevator after the Met Ball, the three have released a joint statement saying they are moving forward “as a united family.”

“As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it,” the statement reads.

Drug Addiction, Steamy Affairs & A Hidden Love Child: Beyonce & Jay Z’s Top 30 Most Shocking Secrets & Scandals

“Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family.”

The statement comes on the heels of an explosive three-minute video that was leaked online, showing the three of them in an elevator at The Standard hotel in New York City with a bodyguard and Solange erupting on her brother-in-law, punching and kicking him during a wild all-out attack on the way down to the lobby.

“The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout that evening are simply false,” the statement continues.

PHOTOS: Before the Brawl! Find Out What Happened At The After-Party That Sparked Solange’s Attack On Jay Z

“At the end of the day families have problems and we’re no different. We love each other and above all we are family. We’ve put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same.”

As Radar exclusively reported, despite their claims of a united front, it looks like the hip hop couple may be having marital issues.

The “Drunk In Love” singer is currently having her meaningful “IV” ring finger tattoo removed and an insider tells Radar her relationship with Jay Z isn’t as blissful as it appears.

PHOTOS: Solange’s Erratic Elevator Beat-Down Of Jay Z Isn’t The First Time She’s Shocked: A Look Back At Some Of Her Most Bizarre Moments

“To the public, Beyonce and Jay Z appear to have it all. But behind close doors, they’re not as happy as people think they are,” the source said.

“Jay’s been telling his friends that Beyonce is getting her ring tattoo removed, the one they got when they were married. He just sorta shrugs it off though saying ‘Nothing is forever.’”

Meanwhile, another source tells Radar that Solange had been upset with Jay Z “for weeks” because the music mogul, 44, wouldn’t allow her to perform on his upcoming “On The Run” tour with wife Beyonce.

“Solange had expected to be named the opening act for Beyonce and Jay,” the insider told Radar.

“She always travels with Beyonce when she tours. Even though she hasn’t released new music since 2012, she thought it would just be a given.”

blog comments powered by Disqus