Nadya “Octo-Mom” Suleman was accused of stealing a $7,500 diamond ring from promoter Damon Feldman and after he won a civil suit in Jan. 2013 she was ordered to return the ring — which RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned she just did last month, a year after the suit was settled.
“She sent me the ring back last month,” Feldman told Radar in an exclusive interview.
“Obviously it wasn’t hers and she owed it to me or I was going to press criminal action. I’m happy she returned it and now I can move on to bigger and better things. I’m just very upset it took her over a year to do this and I will never do another stunt like that again.”
“I was told I would be paid for my participation and I would provide the ring for use for the Publicity Stunt and would get the ring back within 3 weeks due for Media reasons,” he said last January. “The ring was never returned.”
Both Suleman and Rodriguez maintained that the incident was not a publicity stunt and Feldman gave the single mother-of-14 the ring.
But after Suleman failed to show up to a Pennsylvania courtroom for a hearing on the case, it was defaulted with judgement to the plaintiff, Feldman.
As Radar reported on Monday, Suleman was charged with three felony counts for welfare fraud on Jan. 6 and faces nearly six years in prison if convicted.
An investigation by the Los Angeles County Department of Welfare Fraud Prevention and Investigation (WFP&I) exposed financial records in which Suleman was shown to have earned much more than legally allowed for her to also be collecting welfare.
Suleman is capped at pocketing $119,000 in a calendar year, but financial records showed she took home $150,248.77 in 2012.
According to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, Suleman failed to report nearly $30,000 in earnings while raking in the public assistance in 2013.
“I think she should get her act together and stop doing shady things,” Feldman added.