They might have more followers than you and I, but that doesn’t make the rich and famous any better at this tweeting.
From the heiress in need of a geography lesson to the comic who joked himself out of the job, RadarOnline.com has compiled a list of the 12 dumbest and most bizarre celebrity tweets — in 140 characters or less!
11. Alec Baldwin (With so many brash gems to choose from, we took this one in which the mercurial New Yorker compared his roughing up of a paparazzo to the Trayvon Martin tragedy): “I suppose if the offending paparazzi was wearing a hoodie, and I shot him, it would all blow over.”
10. 50 Cent (on the March 2011 earthquake in Japan, which spurred tsunami warnings): “Wave will hit 8am them crazy white boys gonna try to go surfing.”
9. John C. Mayer (The wordsmith responsible for “sexual napalm” gets a taste of his own toe cheese yet again): “BREAKING CELEBRITY NEWS: I was sitting with my legs crossed for too long and my penis fell asleep.”
8. Spike Lee: (The outspoken director mistakenly tweeted accused killer George Zimmerman‘s address … it just wasn’t the right address. The elderly Florida couple who actually lived at the address fled in horror, and Spike pocketbook took a hit in smoothing it over. He later wrote, “I Deeply Apologize To The McClain Family For Retweeting Their Address.It Was A Mistake.Please Leave The McClain’s In Peace.Justice In Court.”
7. Gwyneth Paltrow: (Caught in the moment tweeting from Jay-Z/Kanye West show, this went over as well as one would expect): “Ni**as in paris for real”
And here we have a pair of tweets making clear why publicists are a celeb’s best friend ….
6. Jessica Simpson: “Sometimes learning the language in my head can be just as hard as communicating with someone foreign. alone time on flights get me everytime.”
5. Kanye West: “An abortion can cost a ballin’ n– up to 50gs maybe a 100. Gold diggin’ b—es be getting pregnant on purpose. #STRAPUP my n—s!”
3. Paris Hilton (Sadly, even this March 2011 doozy couldn’t maker her relevant again): “No, no, I didn’t go to England; I went to London.”
1. Gilbert Gottfried (Got him canned from Aflac, but probably doesn’t even make HIS Top Ten in terms of offensiveness): “I just split up with my girlfriend, but like the Japanese say, ‘the’ll will be another one floating by any minute now.’”