By Jen Heger
Radar Assistant Managing Editor
8:30 a.m. PST UPDATE: The official motion to dismiss the lawsuit was filed Tuesday morning. You can read the court documents here.
A week after a Los Angeles-based masseur filed a bombshell sexual assault and battery lawsuit against John Travolta, his former attorney Okorie Okorocha says he will file a motion to dismiss the suit on Tuesday morning, but will continue to represent the Atlanta-based spa employee who filed a similar suit, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.
The first man who filed a sexual assault lawsuit against Travolta was dropped by Okorocha last Friday. As RadarOnline.com exclusively reported, the man admitted he was wrong about the date of the alleged attack. Travolta’s powerhouse attorney Marty Singer has said both lawsuits have no merit and are based on lies.
“I’m going to file a dismissal of John Doe #1’s lawsuit on Tuesday morning, without prejudice. I could no longer represent him because he was speaking to the media against my advice, and it made no sense to me. I don’t think that John Doe will be pursuing the lawsuit,” Okorocha tells RadarOnline.com exclusively.
According to sources close to the situation, John Doe #1 had hired criminal defense attorney Jeffrey Steinberger to purse the civil lawsuit against the Pulp Fiction star. However, Steinberger told us, “We are exploring all legal options right now, and I’m not formally representing him, yet. Nothing has been decided at this point.”
John Doe #1 released a statement “I don’t think anyone should form any opinion about Mr. Travolta, his family, his council, myself, John Doe #2, and our counsel. Instead, I would urge everyone to understand that guilt or innocence in our Justice System is decided by our court system. Too often these matters are decided by swaying public opinion through elements that would never be considered in an actual court case.
“For instance, a photograph, a restaurant receipt, testimony, and other things that may or may not constitute proof have strict guidelines that must be followed. A fine example is the amazing number of guilty people that escape their crimes due to the mishandling of evidence. Is it disappointing, of course it is, but it is a price we must pay in order to have a justice system that runs in a constitutional manner.
“In consideration of that, I ask the public to not judge anyone, and allow all parties to work things out in a respectful and dignified manner, and if these matters do go to court than only that final decision past appeals, etc should be considered a definitive statement on ‘guilt’ or ‘innocence’.
“Despite the circus that celebrity matters seem to spiral into, we should grant all parties involved a wait-and-see attitude and wait for either the official decision of a judge and jury, or the possibility of a dignified discussion between people… officers of the court (lawyers) who have sworn an oath to protect the justice system from losing its blind lady of justice with scales and replacing her with the days of Salem Witch Hunts.
“Even though Mr. Travolta and his counsel are on opposing sides in this matter, I do wish them good health, happiness, and want them to be judged with absolute fairness as our great nation affords all citizens regardless of their wealth or station.
“In closing, I want everyone to understand the reason for my statement is not to comment on the case, but to merely remind the world that everyone involved is a human-being we all fall short of the glory, but we all have rights granted by the sacrifices of our forefathers, and in that spirit I ask everyone to not make comedy, or light of this serious matter, and lets all thank god we have the right to even deal with matters like this in a organized and fair system without allowing this to become a circus.”
The L.A.- based masseur had been seeking $2 million dollars in damages.