Kate rocked it!
With less than 24-hours prior notice, the Duchess of Cambridge successfully carried out her first official solo engagement Wednesday by standing in for her father-in-law, Prince Charles, at a charity dinner in London.
The Prince of Wales, 62, had been scheduled to attend Wednesday’s private reception at Clarence House to benefit In Kind Direct, but he was forced to skip the event so he could visit Riyadh to offer condolences to the Saudi royal family after the death of the Crown Prince.
A palace aide told the BBC that Kate’s engagement went “very well.”
“She was so pleased that her first solo engagement was for the Prince of Wales, who has shown her so much support over the years,” he said.
The always stylish Kate, 29, wore a pale empire-line dress at the reception, which was attended by about 30 guests.
A St James’s Palace spokesman said: “The Duchess of Cambridge was delighted to be able to step in for her father-in-law, the Prince of Wales, to celebrate the work of In Kind Direct at the dinner.”