Hotchkiss gave an exclusive statement to CNN HLN’s Jane Velez-Mitchell on Wednesday, saying that that she hopes the upcoming “suicide special” that Bravo is planning to air will be “tasteful.”
“When I first heard of [the suicide special] I thought I hope Bravo take the high road and keep it tasteful. Let’s not murder my son twice,” she said.
As RadarOnline.com previously reported the cast of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, without Russell’s estranged wife, Taylor Armstrong, filmed a special episode on Monday to discuss Russell’s suicide.
Cast members Camille Grammer, Adrienne Maloof, Kyle and Kim Richards, and Lisa Vanderpump were given no talking points on how to address the troubled businessman’s death, as Bravo wanted their natural thoughts and emotions coming across in the special.
In a previous interview with Jane Velez-Mitchell, Hotchkiss said her family was “circling the wagons” and warned Bravo they’d “better not air one frame of my son — or else!”
The 47-year-old Armstrong, who was found hanged at his friends Los Angeles home on August 15, is survived by wife Taylor and three kids: son Aiden, 13 (with ex-wife Barbara Fredrickson); son Griffin, 11 (with former fiancée Milette Fields); and daughter Kennedy, 5 (with Taylor).
The show returns to the air September 5 on Bravo at 9/8c.
Watch the clip of John Ann Hotchkiss’ on RadarOnline.com reaction below: