NYC NEW YORK COLOR & STAR
NYC SPRING 2013 FASHION WEEK
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER.
1. How To Enter: Beginning at 12:01 a.m. (EDT) on September 1, 2012 visit www.star.radaronline.com/sweeps and follow the NYC Spring 2013 Fashion Week Sweepstakes entry directions. Each entry must contain answer(s) to the questions posed to qualify for the drawing. All entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on December 31, 2012. Multiple entries are permitted, but only one internet entry per day per website will be accepted. Mechanically reproduced entries will not be accepted. Each entry must contain the requested contact information to qualify for the drawing. All materials submitted become the property of American Media Inc. (“Sponsor”), and will not be returned. Alternatively you can print your name, address, telephone number on an index card deliverable by the United States Post office and send to: Win The NYC SPRING 2013 FASHION WEEK WIN IT! Star Magazine, 4 New York Plaza, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10004. Entries in excess of stated maximum will be disqualified.
2. Winner Selection / Random Drawing: Winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about January 15, 2013 from among all eligible entries that are complete. The random drawing will be conducted by representatives from Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a Prize depend upon the total number of eligible mail entries and internet entries received at www.star.radaronline.com/sweeps. Winners will be notified by telephone or email on or before January 18, 2013.
3. Prize: One Winner will be selected to win a trip for two to New York City during Spring Fashion Week 2013. Prize includes roundtrip coach airfare from major commercial/gateway airport nearest winner’s residence in the United Sates to New York City for two (2); two (2) nights standard accommodations at a hotel to be chosen by Sponsor (double occupancy), ground transportation from airport to hotel and back in the destination city. Winner and guest will also receive NYC New York Color’s Fashion Week color collection, two tickets to prominent designer fashion show during NY Fashion Week, one dinner for two, and two tickets to a Broadway show. Fashion Week runs February 7, 2013 through February 14, 2013 and trip must be taken at that time. APPROXIMATE TOTAL PRIZE VALUE $4,000.
Prize package does not include taxes, insurance, telephone charges, room service mini-bar and laundry services, personal expenses, gratuities, incidental charges, or any other items not specifically described in these Official Rules, and all expenses for any of the foregoing are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The actual retail value of the Prize may vary depending upon the point of departure and fare fluctuation. Final travel arrangements and choice of accommodation to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If Winner lives within approximately 150 miles from New York City (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), winner will receive ground transportation to chosen city and will not receive additional compensation of any kind in conjunction with such prize substitution.
Approximate value of prize package $4,000.00. Trip is subject to availability and additional restrictions. Blackout dates may apply. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary as set by Sponsor. Fashion Week runs February 7, 2013 through February 14, 2013 and trip must be taken at that time.
4. Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, 21 years of age or older. Employees of NYC New York Color, American Media, Inc., parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotion agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Void in Puerto Rico, Canada, and where prohibited or restricted by law. No substitution or transfer of Prize is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right the substitute prize of greater or equal value. Sponsor also reserves the right to cancel or suspend this sweepstakes at any time. All federal, state and local taxes and any expenses relating to the acceptance and use of a Prize are the sole responsibility of each Winner. All federal, state and local laws apply.
5. Potential Winners must submit an Affidavit of Eligibility / Release of Liability / Prize Acceptance Form within seven (7) business days of attempted notification. If any Prize or affidavit or release is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable or if Sponsor does not receive a response from any potential Winner within seven (7) business days of attempted notification, such Winner may be disqualified and such Prize will be awarded to an alternate Winner. Non-compliance shall result in disqualification and award of Prize to an alternate Winner. By accepting Prize, Winners consent that Sponsors and GSN may use the Winners’ names, photographs, or other likenesses, the Winners’ hometown and biographical information, statements concerning the contest entry, or Sponsors’ products without compensation for purposes of advertising, promotion, and merchandising, and grant all rights to edit or modify and to publish and copyright it. Winners must also make themselves available to travel at Sponsor’s expense for promotional purposes. By accepting Prize, Winners agree to release and hold Sponsors and NYC New York Color, their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and assigns, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of Prize. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and understand that the Sweepstakes results are final in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to hold Sponsor, its respective directors, officers, employees, and assigns, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of Prize. Entrant is responsible for all online charges incurred by Internet Service Provider.
6. Neither Sponsor, NYC New York Color, any telephone network, nor service providers are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures or any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any Web site or on-line service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, illegible, incomplete damaged, postage-due, mutilated or misdirected entries or entries not properly forwarded to Sponsor. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the judges determine, in their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual electronic tampering with the Sweepstakes or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, the judges reserve the right to void the entries at issue and conduct a random drawing to award the Prize using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Sweepstakes is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted on www.star.radaronline.com/sweeps. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action.
NOTE: Internet entry must be made by the entrant, only at the authorized website address of www.star.radaronline.com/sweeps. Entries made by any other individual or entity and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial contest subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and as such ruled ineligible for this contest.
7. OPT-IN: Any information entrants provide to the Sponsor will be used to communicate with entrant in relation to these Sweepstakes. Sponsor may also share this information with third parties who are participating in this program. Sponsor or third parties may contact entrants at a future date about services the Sponsor believes entrants will find of interest.
8. For the names of the Winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Winner’s Name: NYC SPRING 2013 FASHIION WEEK WIN IT! STAR Magazine,
4 New York Plaza, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10004. Requests for the names of Winners must be received by January 30, 2013.
9. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by American Media, Inc., 1000 American Media Way, Boca Raton, FL 33464.