Charlie Sheen isn’t just fighting CBS and Warner Bros. Television: RadarOnline.com has learned the embattled Two and a Half Men star is moving to wrestle full physical custody of his two children from soon-to-be-ex-wife Brooke Mueller.
The twins, Bob and Max, have been at Sheen’s Mulholland Estate mansion since before he went to the Bahamas with Mueller, along with porn star Bree Olson and new girlfriend Natalie Kenly.
Mueller, 33, later broke off from the group although it’s unclear why.
Sheen, 45, has been with the children since his return to Los Angeles last Friday and even allowed ABC television cameras to film him with Bob and Max on Saturday.
“Charlie believes Brooke, at present, is not in a position to care for the children with the love and attention they need,” a source said.
“He has consulted with a lawyer about what move he can take next.”
It’s believed Sheen is concerned about Mueller’s sobriety.
Last week, the actor was coy as to why Mueller suddenly left his tropical paradise: “There was a huge firestorm about Brooke being part of our crew but where there were four, there are now three.
“Goodbye Brooke and good luck on your travels. Good bye, Brooke, and good luck in your travels; you’re going to need it. Badly”
Sheen, 45, and Mueller, 33, filed their final divorce papers in L.A. County Superior Court on February 10 — two weeks after Sheen was rushed to the hospital following a bender with five adult film actresses.
Under California law, their divorce won’t be finalized until May 2.
Said our source: “Custody terms had been agreed to, however, Charlie has his reasons for wanting this changed, in the interests of Bob and Max.”