Search

got a tip? call (866) 667 - 2327 OR

E-mail us a tip

Surf Champion Found Dead Had Prescription Pills In Room, No Mention Of Methadone In Police Report

andyirons006wenn5565086.jpg

The pro-surfer who was found dead in a hotel room in Dallas on Tuesday had two prescription pill bottles in his room according to the police report just released, but there was no mention of the methadone that had been previously reported. 

Andy Irons, 32, returned from Puerto Rico and was staying at the hotel near the Dallas/Fort Worth International airport where his body was discovered by hotel employees after he did not respond to a wake up call. 

PHOTOS: Andy Irons – A Life In Pictures

The report said Irons was “laying on his back with the sheet pulled up to his neck. The bed covers and pillows were neatly set and nothing appeared out of the ordinary.” 

The police report said a bottle of Alprazolam, a generic version of Xanax, and Zolpidem, the generic version of Ambien, were found. 

PHOTOS: Celebs We Lost In 2010

Early published reports by the Star-Advertiser claimed that investigators found methadone inside the bottle of Zolpidem, but the report did not mention this finding. 

The police report said the room “did not show any signs of struggle.”

Irons was dogged by drug abuse rumors a few years ago when he took time off from surfing, but he had consistently denied he had a drug problem. 

PHOTOS: Celebs Who Died Young

His family said he was suffering from dengue fever, which is not a fatal disease and is a viral illness. 

Related Stories:

Surfing Champ Andy Irons Death Investigated As Possible Drug Overdose

EXCLUSIVE: Dr. Frank Ryan’s Toxicology Report A Clean Bill Of Health

blog comments powered by Disqus