Search

got a tip? call (866) 667 - 2327 OR

E-mail us a tip

EXCLUSIVE: Randy & Evi Quaid Fail To Appear At Santa Barbara Court Hearing

20100426_ave_b77_660.jpg

Randy and Evi Quaid were a “no show” at a Santa Barbara courthouse once again Tuesday and have forfeited another $1 million in bail.

Warrants for the arrest of the actor and his wife remain in effect as the couple failed to appear before Judge Donna Geck in connection with vandalism charges at a guest house of a Montecito home they once owned.

PHOTOS: The Quaids Pose For Their April 2010 Mug Shots

The couple’s lawyer, Bob Sanger, who has appeared on numerous occasions on behalf of the Quaids, told the court that Randy’s passport had been taken by Canadian authorities.

Mr. Sanger also informed the court that he was no longer authorized to represent the couple but that he would relay her order to them.

PHOTOS: Celebs Who Have Done Jail Time

Judge Geck stated that warrants were still in place for the couple and that the $500,000.00 bail bonds that had been placed on each of them have been forfeited.

Evi Quaid has been ordered by the judge to return to court on December 16 regarding a parole violation.

PHOTOS: Randy & Evi Quaid Reunite With Dog Doji

After the brief hearing Deputy District Attorney Anthony Davis said: “Essentially the status quo remains it will be up to Santa Barbara District Attorney Joyce Dudley if she starts extradition proceedings against the Quaids”

RELATED STORIES:

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: District Attorney Blasts Randy & Evi Quaid

VIDEO: Randy Quaid Speaks Out On Live TV About ‘Hollywood Star-Whackers’ & Skipping Court

Quaids’ Lawyer Claims Signatures Forged on Property Sale Documents

Bench Warrant Issued For Evi Quaid; Randy Cleared — For Now

blog comments powered by Disqus