Monica Beresford-Redman‘s family exclusively tells RadarOnline.com they are “elated” that after two months, Mexican officials have ordered an arrest warrant for Bruce Beresford-Redman, the former Survivor producer charged on Monday with first-degree murder in his wife Monica’s death at a Cancun resort this past April.
“The Burgos Family is, of course, relieved to learn that a warrant has been issued for Bruce Beresford-Redman’s arrest,” the family said in a new statement released through their attorney, Alison Triessl. “And while we recognize that the extradition process may be take some time, we are elated that the process has finally begun.”
As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Bruce, Monica and their kids had been staying at the Moon Palace resort in Cancun, when Monica was reported missing after allegedly not returning from a shopping trip; her body was found in a sewer at the resort April 8.
Bruce said in a statement Monday that he’s “incensed at the suggestion that [he] could have had anything to do with her death.”
In their new statement to RadarOnline.com, the Burgos family reacted, saying they “do not buy his newly found contrition.
“It has been 56 days since Monica was brutally murdered,” the family said. “At no point during that time, did he or his family reach out to the Burgos family to express their sympathy or share in their grieving.”
The family said of Bruce’s proclaimed attempts to fight extradition back to Mexico that, “if in fact he is innocent, then he should have no problem waiving extradition proceedings and returning to Mexico to defend himself.
“However, if he is guilty, then shame on him for exploiting his children, he should have considered them before committing this senseless and brutal act of domestic violence upon their mother,” the family said.
Stay with RadarOnline.com for more on this story as it unfolds.