TLC never obtained the proper permits required by state child labor laws in order to film Jon & Kate Plus 8, claims Jon Gosselin‘s lawyer.
The lawyer also drops the bombshell that he’s ready to go to court and sue to keep his kids off TV.
Seeking to have the reality show shut down just days after the network announced it was reducing Jon’s role and changing the show’s name to Kate Plus 8, Jon is attacking on all fronts. Through his attorney Mark J. Heller he’s claiming the show is now “detrimental” to his children and Heller also says the show never complied with Pennsylvania child labor law by obtaining permits for the kids.
Heller’s claims were first reported by The Insider. The lawyer is also exploring the claim that TLC has not properly compensated the Gosselin children during the past four years and points out that location permits for filming at the Gosselin home were not obtained.
As for TLC’s planned new direction for the newly named show, Jon’s lawyer is saying that the network will need Jon’s consent and cannot rely on his previous consent that was given for Jon & Kate Plus 8.
And Jon’s lawyer says the reality dad is prepared to go to court and sue to keep his kids off the air!
Jon’s divorce from TLC has now turned as acrimonious and public as his split from Kate. RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively that the network was blindsided by Jon’s actions. Heller says he sent two letters to TLC outlining Jon’s demands on Sept. 29. That’s the same day the network announced it was changing the show – a huge change that Jon was given no advance warning of and read about in the press, says his lawyer.
Earlier in the week, Jon announced he wanted to slow down his divorce from Kate and claimed he had sent her a letter. RadarOnline.com reported exclusively that Kate learned about his request through the press and never received a letter.
RadarOnline.com also reported exclusively that Kate has no intention of slowing the divorce.