Search

got a tip? call (866) 667 - 2327 OR

E-mail us a tip

BREAKING NEWS: John Travolta Takes The Stand

John Travolta — surrounded by security detail — entered a courthouse in the Bahamas Wednesday morning, a court clerk tells RadarOnline.com, as the superstar prepares to take the stand to testify against two defendants accused of trying to blackmail him following the death of his beloved son Jett.

New Details: Inside The John Travolta Blackmail Plot

As RadarOnline.com has previously reported, Travolta fell victim to a $25 million extortion plot after he allegedly refused medical help for his son who lay dying after suffering a seizure last January.

John Travolta and Kelly Preston Heading to Court for Their Extortion Trial

The distraught superstar is said to have asked paramedics to drive the 16-year-old to an airport so that he could receive treatment back in the United States  instead of being driven to the Island hospital only 45 minutes away.

Alleged Travolta Extortionists Plead Not Guilty

A paramedic at the scene asked a senior police officer to witness a ‘refusal of medical attention’ form.

Travolta Family’s First Public Appearance Since Son’s Death

Police Inspector Andrew Wells told the nine persons Jury at The Bahamas Supreme Court that he signed the form as a witness before the ambulance sped away but that it changed route and went to the Rand Memorial Hospital instead of Freeport International Airport.

Travolta Jury Selected In Extortion Case

Sadly, Jett, 16, could not be revived by the paramedics and was pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital – a Bahamas undertaker said that the death certificate listed  seizures as the cause of death.

Paramedic Tarino Lightbourne is accused of keeping back the document and threatening to release it to the public if Travolta did not pay him.

He is standing trial with former Senator and lawyer Pleasant Bridgewater in the extortion attempt against the star.

Travolta is on a list of 14 witnesses scheduled to give evidence at the trial where it is claimed both Lightbourne and Bridgewater were taped demanding millions of dollars from the actor in exchange for the legal document relating to Jett’s death.

“Contact was made with certain persons to communicate a threat to John Travolta.,” said Bernard Turner the County chief prosecutor in the Nassau courtroom on Tuesday.

Travolta, 55, and his wife Kelly Preston, 46, have struggled to come to terms with the sudden death of their son earlier this year at the family’s vacation home in the Bahamas.

Rescue Worker Reveals Details Surrounding Jett Travolta’s Death

The trial begins again at 10am local time and the superstar is expected to be the first witness Wednesday to give crucial evidence against the alleged blackmailers.

blog comments powered by Disqus