Prosecutors are expected to call Rihanna as a witness on Monday, June 22, as they try to prove that Chris Brown attacked her, Los Angeles Superior Court spokesman Alan Parachini told RadarOnline.com.
But if Rihanna is called to take the stand, don’t expect to watch the drama unfold on t.v. Parachini said. Judge Patricia Schnegg decided against allowing the 22-year-old singer’s testimony to be televised.
“The judge is not permitting cameras at the hearing,” Parachini explained.
Brown, 20, faces two felony counts of assault and making criminal threats stemming from an early morning altercation with Rihanna in February. He recorded a video on YouTube last month in which he said “I ain’t a monster.” He entered not guilty pleas in an earlier court appearance.
Rihanna’s lawyer, Donald Etra, said that the singer has cleared her schedule so she can be available to testify should prosecutors call her.