Golden Oldie Tom Jones has just scooped $1.5 million along with songbird Mariah Carey to sing for less than one hour!
The pair will be paid the outrageous sum to open Turkey’s $1.5 billion Mardan Palace in Antalya on May 23 .
The 560 room resort is owned by a Russian tycoon and his favorite performers include the Jones, 68, and Carey, 39.
Mardan Palace is decorated with gold leaf and crystals and boasts a beach made from 9,000 tons of Egyptian sand – Sir Paul McCartney and Sharon Stone will both also attend the opening.
But Jones and Carey aren’t the only celebrities to have cashed-in on lucrative one night stands in recent years. (Photo: WENN)
Check-out this list of other mega-earners:
- Amy Winehouse was paid $2.5 million in June 2008 to sing for two hours in Moscow by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich to open his girlfriend’s art gallery.
- Christina Aguilera scooped $2.5 million in 2005 to sing for a couple of hours at wedding of Russian Andrey Melnichenko.
- George Michael earned a whopping $3 million to play at a 2006 New Year’s bash for Russian tycoon Vladmir Potanin.
- Jennifer Lopez earned $1.5 million to sing at 2006 birthday party of Russian developer Telman Ismailov.
- British X-Factor winner Leona Lewis paid $2 million in 2009 to play at 21st birthday party of UK cell phone maker John Caudwell’s daughter Libby Caudwell.