News of the end of the day—the nearly all Sarah Palin edition!
• “The truly disgusting thing about Sarah Palin isn’t that she’s totally unqualified, or a religious zealot, or married to a secessionist, or unable to educate her own daughter about sex, or a fake conservative who raised taxes and porked up earmark millions every chance she got. No, the most disgusting thing about her is what she says about us: That you can ram us in the ass for eight solid years, and we’ll not only thank you for your trouble, we’ll sign you up for eight more years.” An insanely-classist, broad strokes (but remarkably entertaining) read from Matt Taibbi.
• Also? “She doesn’t believe in science, and her father was a science teacher.” [Via Gawker]
• The suspected hacker of Palin’s e-mails has not been indicted.
• “Again and again, Palin has charmed powerful political patrons, and then rejected them when it suited her purposes.”
• Clay Aiken likes dudes.
• Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt are “teaming up with Taco Bell in an effort to raise awareness of global hunger. ‘When we heard the statistics, we just really had to jump in and get involved because it’s so devastating,’ explains Montag. ‘We’re just so blessed to be eating a meal, and we take it for granted.'”