(Photo: Getty Images)
• Teacher’s pet?: Huffington Post man Jeffrey Klein debunks the NYT‘s claim that oldie John McCain entered politics at the expense of his naval career, arguing that McCain should release his naval file so we can discover why he scored coveted positions when he finished at the very bottom of his class at Annapolis.
• Weep and you weep alone: You’ve seen the pictures of famous men crying, but did you ever wonder why they’re so sad? No? Then don’t bother clicking on the link, you incurious fuck.
• Hanged ’em high: Notorious Japanese serial killer Tsutomu Miyazaki was hanged today in Toyko. The “killer geek,” who enjoyed pornography and manga in excess of what is normally considered excessive, was known to kidnap, molest, murder, and eat girls as young as four.
• London hospitality: British singer Amy Winehouse is spending a second day of “vacation” in the London Clinic after a brief fainting spell yesterday.
• Just say no: The Washington Times gets all up in the Department of Veteran Affairs’ grille, saying the government agency tested drugs which cause “psychosis and suicidal behavior” on already-traumatized veterans. A touch sensationalistic, but investigative reporting tends to be.
• Attack of the killer underwear: A 52-year-old Los Angeles woman is suing Victoria’s Secret for damages related to a faultily-made thong. A loose metallic decoration thingy apparently came undone and struck her in the eye, causing her to miss work and suffer harm which will haunt her for the rest of her life.