• Freedom ’07: Facing jail time for a driving offense, British pop star George Michael walks free from a London courtroom with 100 hours community service and a two-year driving ban.
• Frozen assets: Although he was busted with $90,000 sitting alongside a pint of Cherry Garcia in his freezer, Lousiana Congressman William Jefferson pleads not guilty and goes free on $100,000 bail.
• Conservative diet: The Bush Administration finally restricts a gluttonous corporate merger. But wait! The two companies, Wild Oats and Whole Foods, are relatively small organic food chains! (Terrorists.)
• World domination: Former Gucci designer Tom Fords brand-colonizes three different continents.
• Sausage-fest: The Leader of the Free World skips out on the French President Sarkozy and blows off leaders of Third World countries at the German G8 summit to nurse his poor tummy.
• Red Scare: Right-wing clothing makers prove liberals don’t hold the copyright on ironic T-shirts.
• Rat Pack 3000: Andre 3000 continues on his journey as a rapper-turned-actor, this time tackling the role of Sammy Davis, Jr., in an upcoming biopic.
Photo: Getty Images